I take it back!!! I will use the weed filled not mowed park. Just don't fence it off!! It is going to be closed for a YEAR!! I am so sad I can hardly stand it. On the bright side the new park is going to look fantastic. Here are some facts and pictures
- Funding is provided from proceeds through the voter-approved Salt Lake County Zoo, Arts and Parks program and County bonds. The current project budget is $18,230,000. ZAP funds make up $1,000,000 for a portion of the recreation center and the park renovation. The additional funds come from the bonds. The County’s AAA bond rating provides the lowest borrowing rate available to public agencies. The project budget covers construction costs, design, management, permits and costs associated with the development and completion of the Community Center.
- The library will increase to about 20,000 square feet, nearly doubling the size of the old East Millcreek Library. The gym will be a little larger than the existing one, the fitness and weight rooms will increase significantly and mesh nicely with the additions of a running track and multi-purpose room.
- Three major Salt Lake County agencies will have state of the art facilities in the Millcreek Center: Salt Lake County Library Services, Salt Lake County Parks & Recreation and Salt Lake County Aging Services.


No comments:
Post a Comment