
Monday, January 19, 2009
Barack Obama
On election day I was tired. I was too tired to go vote. I had just finished my third night shift and had to still go back for one more. I had little to no sleep that week and it was a bad day. To vote would have meant giving up precious sleep time and on that day I was selfish and chose to stay home. I rationalized it by telling myself that my vote wouldn't count, why you ask? Because I was going to vote for Obama and well I live in Utah and I knew he would not win it here. This is one of my biggest regrets for me. I don't regret a lot of my choices in life because I believe they make me stronger and that they make me who I am today but not voting on that historical day makes me very sad. I am EXCITED! Whether or not you supported Obama in the elections tomorrow is a huge day for America and I am going to try and leave work early tomorrow so I don't miss one minute of it. I am excited to watch as Barack Obama is sworn in as the 44th president of the United States of America and since I am gettting choked up thinking about it I know I will be balling my eyes out in the morning. Please if you don't agree his politics do not voice that opinion here I'm warning you now I will delete your comment. This post is not about politics as much as how historic tomorrow will be. 

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment